From 1964 to 2012
Susanne K. Bennet (b. 1938), purchased in Old Delhi, Delhi, India. 
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, gift of Susanne K. Bennet, Washington, DC 
 Susanne K. Bennet purchased the bronze in Old Delhi in 1964. She and her husband were posted to Delhi between 1963 and 1967, with the United States Agency for International Development and then with the Department of State. See email from Mrs. Bennet dated August 22, 2012 to the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery detailing the circumstances of the purchase, copy in object file, Collections Management. See also Acquisition Justification, object file, Collections Management Office.
 See Acquisition Consideration Form, object file, Collections Management Office.
- Previous Owner(s)
Mrs. Susanne K. Bennet born 1938
- Published References
- Pratapaditya Pal. Nepal: Where the Gods are Young. Exh. cat. New York. no. 41.
- Paths to Perfection, Buddhist Art at the Freer/Sackler. Washington, D.C. pp. 206-207.
- Vidya Dehejia Thomas Coburn. Devi: The Great Goddess: Female Divinity in South Asian Art. Exh. cat. Washington, 1999. cat. 69, p. 315.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum