- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached folio from a Qur'an; recto: Sura al-Haqqa (the Reality), sura 69: part of 14-42, recto begins with "wahida", one column, 15 lines of text; verso: sura 69: part of 42-52, Sura al-Ma'arij (the Ascending stairways), sura 70: 1-14, verso begins with "matadhkarun", one column, 14 lines of text; Arabic in black, blue, white and gold naskh, and muhaqqaq script, sura headings in white thuluth, vocalized in black with red letters for reading and recitation, marginal medallions and inscription; one of a group of twenty folios.
Border: Text is set in gold, red, blue and purple rulings on cream-colored paper with marginal medallions.
Recto: bottom left: waqf (endowment)
- Published References
- Edwin Binney 3rd. Turkish Treasures from the Collection of Edwin Binney, 3rd: 1981 Supplement to the 1979 Catalogue. San Diego. cat. 61a, p. 2.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 18, p. 22.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum