From at least 1910
Georges Demotte (1877-1923), Paris, from at least 1910 
Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France, to 1942 
From 1942 to 1986
Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France 
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France 
 The object is documented as having appeared in the collection of Georges Demotte by at least August 10, 1910. See Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 408.
 See Glenn D. Lowry et al., An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 310, no. 361.
 See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
 See note 3.
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Georges Demotte 1877 - 1923
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached album folio: Two youths.
Border: The painting is set in a gold-sprinkled inner frame on a blue paper with marginal medallions and floral motifs, mounted on paperboard.
- Published References
- The Hague. Catalogus tentoonstelling van islamische kunst. cat. 28, p. 23.
- Les Mille et une Nuits. Exh. cat. France. p. 54.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 361, p. 310.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum