Charles Vignier (1863-1934), Paris, France. 
From 1908 to 1942
Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France, purchased from Charles Vignier, Paris, France on April 15, 1908. 
From 1942 to 1986
Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France. 
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France. 
 See Glen D. Lowry and Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 2: Ledger of Acquisitions, 1894 and 1907-17" in A Jeweler’s Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 229. See also Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al. (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 407.
 See note 1.
 See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
 See note 3.
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Charles Vignier 1863 - 1934
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached folio, right-hand half of a double page from the "Vignier Album"; facing folio (S1986.280); Young female; one of a group of six folios; traces of two stamps on back.
Border: The central figure is in an oval medallion surrounded by an illuminated panel of gold and lapis, the illuminated panel is set in a frame of rectangular and quatrefoil decorated cartouches in a broad gold margin painted with landscape and hunting scenes, mounted on paperboard.
- Published References
- Fredrik Robert Martin. The Miniature Painting and Painters of Persia, India, and Turkey from the 8th to the 18th Century. 2 vols., London. pl. 262.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 325, pp. 273, 275.
- Rene Grousset. The Civilizations of the East. 4 vols., New York and London, 1931-1934. p. 354, fig. 268.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum