To at least 1912
Fredrik Robert Martin (1868-1933). 
Victor Goloubew (1878-1914). 
Georges Demotte (1877-1923), Paris, France. 
From 1913 to 1942
Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France, purchased from Georges Demotte, Paris, France on December 12, 1913. 
From 1942 to 1986
Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France. 
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France. 
 See Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 404, no. S1986.0143.
 See note 1.
 See note 1.
 See note 1. See also Glen D. Lowry and Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 2: Ledger of Acquisitions, 1894 and 1907-17" in A Jeweler’s Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 235.
 See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
 See note 5.
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Fredrik Robert Martin 1868 - 1933
Georges Demotte 1877 - 1923
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached double-folio from a dispersed manuscript, recto: left-hand half of a double-page composition separate from its facing folio (S1986.142.1); A prince enthroned surrounded by attendants; verso: blank; one of a group of two folios.
Border: The Painting is set in a gold inner frame and an outer frame with geometric motifs on cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- Philipp Walter Schulz. Die Persisch-Islamische Miniaturmalerei: Ein Beitrag zur Kunstgeschichte Irans. 2 vols, Leipzig. pl. 51.
- Fredrik Robert Martin. The Miniature Painting and Painters of Persia, India, and Turkey from the 8th to the 18th Century. 2 vols., London. pl. 54.
- Thomas W. Lentz. Pictures for the Islamic Book: Persian and Indian Painting in the Vever Collection. vol. 1, no. 4 New York, Fall 1988. pp. 18-19, fig. 4.
- The Hague. Catalogus tentoonstelling van islamische kunst. cat. 13, p. 22.
- Glenn D. Lowry. Persian Miniatures from the Vever Collection. vol. 18, no. 9 Hong Kong, Spring 1989. p. 49.
- Thomas W. Lentz Glenn D. Lowry. Timur and the Princely Vision: Persian Art and Culture in the Fifteenth Century. Exh. cat. Los Angeles. cat. 42, pp. 125, 337.
- Glenn D. Lowry Susan Nemanzee. A Jeweler's Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 46, pp. 154. 156-157.
- Mikhail B. Piotrovsky John Vrieze. Earthly Beauty, Heavenly Art: Art of Islam. Exh. cat. Amsterdam and London. cat. 235, p. 248.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 288, pp. 254-255.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum