Ajit Ghose, Calcutta to 1930 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Ajit Ghose, Calcutta in 1930 
 Object file, undated folder sheet note. See also Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
 See note 1.
- Previous Owner(s) and Custodian(s)
- Published References
- Freer Gallery of Art. Gallery Book IV: Exhibition of September 24, 1934. Washington, September 24, 1934. .
- Lee Siegel. Sacred and Profane Dimensions of Love in Indian Traditions, as Exemplified in the Gitagovinda of Jayadeva. New Delhi and New York. .
- D.J. Ehnbom. Indian Miniatures: The Ehrenfeld Collection. New York. pl. 33.
- Dr. Ananda K. Coomaraswamy. Rajput Painting: An Account of the Hindu paintings of Rajasthan and the Panjab Himalayas from the Sixteenth to the Nineteenth Century Described in their Relation to Contemporary Thought. 2 vols., New York and London. vol. 1: p. 21.
- Dr. Ananda K. Coomaraswamy. Catalogue of the Indian Collections in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Boston. pp. 6, 13.
- Larry Ball. 30,000 Years of Art: The Story of Human Creativity Across Time and Space. London and New York, 2007. p. 849.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
Usage Conditions Apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."