Lee Sung-shan, Beijing to 1924 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Lee Sung-shan, Beijing through Carl Whiting Bishop in 1924 
 Object file, undated folder sheet note.
 See note 1. Also see Original Bishop List, No. B-9, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. Added to the collection by Mr. A. G. Wenley.
- Previous Owner(s) and Custodian(s)
Vessel of the type hu. Stand. Decorations cast in relief and countersunk relief; 2 annular handles on shoulder and 1 near base; inlays of turquoise; green patination and earthy incrustations.
- Published References
- Charles D. Weber. Chinese Pictorial Bronze Vessels of the Late Chou Period, Part I (of IV). vol. 28, no. 2/3 Washington and Zurich. pp. 107-154, fig. 4.
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Rutherford John Gettens, James Cahill, Noel Barnard. The Freer Chinese Bronzes. Oriental Studies Series, vol. 1, no. 7 Washington. cat. 99, p. 509.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
Usage Conditions Apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."