Yamanaka & Company, New York to 1917 
From 1917 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company, New York in 1917 
The Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Undated folder sheet note. See Original Bronze List, S.I. 1180, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Yamanaka and Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Shang Chou chin wen shi ch'eng. Multi-volume, Taipei. cat. 2216.
- Katherine Nash Rhoades. Recent Additions to the Freer Collection. vol. 8, no. 5 Washington, October 1919. p. 284.
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Rutherford John Gettens, James Cahill, Noel Barnard. The Freer Chinese Bronzes. Oriental Studies Series, vol. 1, no. 7 Washington. cat. 67, p. 375.
- Jessica Rawson. Western Zhou Ritual Bronzes from the Arthur M. Sackler Collections. Ancient Chinese Bronzes from the Arthur M. Sackler Collections, vol. 2 Washington and Cambridge, MA. p. 538, fig. 76.6.
- Chin wen tsung chi. Taipei. p. 1079.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum