Yamanaka & Company, New York to 1917 
From 1917 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company, New York in 1917 
The Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Undated folder sheet note. See Original Bronze List, S.I. 1101, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Yamanaka and Co. (C.L. Freer source) 1917 - 1965
- Published References
- Sueji Umehara. Omei ni okeru shina ko kagami [Ancient Chinese Mirrors in Europe and America]. Tokyo. pl. 53.
- Sueji Umehara. Shina kodo seikwa [Selected Relics of Ancient Chinese Bronzes from Collections in Europe and Asia]. 3 vols., Osaka. vol. 2: pl. 110.
- Florance Waterbury. Bird-Deities in China. Supplementum 10 Ascona, Switzerland. pp. 132-133, pl. 57.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
Usage Conditions Apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."