From 1910 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from the artist, Dwight William Tryon in 1910 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See List of American Paintings Other than by Whistler, A, pg. 6, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. According to Curatorial Remark 5, Linda Merrill, May 1989, in the object record: "Research revealed that this painting was purchased from Tryon on 21 Janurary 1910"
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Dwight William Tryon (C.L. Freer source) 1849-1925
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Ann Arbor Art Association. Exhibition of Oriental and American Art: Under the Joint Auspices of the Alumni Memorial Committee and the Ann Arbor Art Association, on the Occasion of the Opening of the Alumni Memorial Hall, University of Michigan. Exh. cat. Ann Arbor and Detroit, May 11 - May 30, 1910. no. 66.
- City Art Museum of St. Louis. Fourth Annual Exhibition of Selected American Paintings by American Artists. Exh. cat. St. Louis, September 12, 1909. p. 59.
- Buffalo Fine Arts Academy. Catalogue of the Fourth Annual Exhibition of Selected Paintings by American Artists. Exh. cat. Buffalo, May 10 - August 30, 1909. p. 59.
- Linda Merrill. An Ideal Country: Paintings by Dwight William Tryon in the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington and Hanover and London, 1990. cat. 39, pp. 152-153.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- SI Usage Statement
Usage conditions apply
CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
Usage Conditions Apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."