Maurice Nahman (1868-1948), Cairo, Egypt, to 1909 
From 1909 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Maurice Nahman in 1909 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Miscellaneous List, S.I. 183, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
- Published References
- Glenn Peers. Orthodox Magic in Trebizond and Beyond: A Fourteenth-century Greco-Arabic Amulet Roll. Seyssel, France. fig. 27.
- Ann C. Gunter. A Collector's Journey: Charles Lang Freer and Egypt. Washington and London, 2002. p. 19, fig. 1.3.
- Ideals of Beauty: Asian and American Art in the Freer and Sackler Galleries. Thames and Hudson World of Art London and Washington, 2010. pp. 56-57.
- Thomas Lawton Linda Merrill. Freer: a legacy of art. Washington and New York, 1993. p. 85, fig. 58.
- Thomas Lawton. The Gold Treasure. vol. 118, no. 258 London, August 1983. pp. 180-182, fig. 3.
- Collection Area(s)
- Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum