Temple Kiyomizu, Kyoto 
Unidentified owner, Japan, to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased in Japan from an unidentified owner in spring of 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Charles Lang Freer was told when he bought this piece that it had once been in "temple Kiyomizu, Kyoto" (see Curatorial Remark 7, L.A. Cort, 1985, in the object record).
 See Original Pottery List, L. 1565, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 2.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Raku to Kyoyaki. Yakimono meikan, 3 Tokyo. .
- Kazunobu Nakanodo. Otowa-Gojozaka kamamoto no hensen to sakufu. vols. 15/16 Tokyo. p. 119, fig. 4.
- Oka Yoshiko. Kinsei Kyoyaki no kenkyu (Research on Kyoto ceramics of the early modern period)., 1st ed. Kyoto. p. 245, fig. 23.
- Oka Yoshiko. Kinsei Kyoyaki no kenkyu. Kyoto. p. 245, fig. 23.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum