From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from an unidentified owner in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Reserved Metal List, R. 5224, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. According to Curatorial Remark 1 in the object record, there is no record of purchase for this object, other than the recorded value of the lot of thirteen pieces (F1907.677- 689) of which this object is part.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Eleni Sakes. Ancient Jewelry Charms, Exquisite Freer Gallery Group. Washington, January 2, 1955. section B, p. 8.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum