Colonel Henry Bathurst Hanna (1839-1914), London, to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Colonel Henry Bathurst Hanna in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original List of Persian and Indian Drawings, S.I. 1573, Miscellaneous section of Inventory, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Colonel Henry Bathurst Hanna (C.L. Freer source) 1839 - 1914
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
- Published References
- Douglas Barrett. Some unpublished Deccan miniatures. no. 7 New Delhi, April 1960. pl. 3, fig. 6.
- Lloyd M. Hampton. Nativity art in Washington Galleries., December 22, 1957. pp. 3-7.
- Reform. December 2018/January 2019 London, England, December 2018/January 2019. p. 13.
- Anand Amaladass Gudrun Loewner. Christian Themes in Indian Art. India. p. 54.
- Mark Zebrowski. Deccani Painting. Berkeley, 1982-1983. p. 181.
- Milo Cleveland Beach. The Imperial Image: Paintings for the Mughal Court., 2nd. Washington and Ahmedabad, India, 2012. cat. 53, p. 183.
- Milo Cleveland Beach. The Imperial Image: Paintings for the Mughal Court. Exh. cat. Washington, 1981. cat. 36, pp. 212-213.
- Biblical themes in Eastern paintings. vol. 31, December 1931. p. 763.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- SI Usage Statement
Usage conditions apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."