Dikran G. Kelekian (1868-1951), Cairo, Egypt, Paris, France, and New York to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Dikran G. Kelekian, New York, in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See List of Persian Manuscripts and Miniatures, pg. 105, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. Also, the presence of a stamp of "Exposition d'Art Musulman, Palais des Champs Elysees, 1893" has been observed on the reverse of the folio (see Curatorial Remark 10, Debra Diamond, February 3, 2011, in the object record).
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
Dikran Garabed Kelekian (C.L. Freer source) 1868 - 1951
- Published References
- Richard Ettinghausen, Stuart Cary Welch, Jagdish Mittal. Portfolio [Deccani Miniature Painting]. vol. 16, no. 2 Bombay. p. 16.
- Dr. Esin Atil. The Brush of the Masters: Drawings from Iran and India. Exh. cat. Washington, 1978. cat. 20, p. 57.
- Anand Amaladass Gudrun Loewner. Christian Themes in Indian Art. India. p. 67.
- Mark Zebrowski. Deccani Painting. Berkeley, 1982-1983. p. 106.
- Milo Cleveland Beach. The Imperial Image: Paintings for the Mughal Court. Exh. cat. Washington, 1981. cat. 35, pp. 210-211.
- Richard Ettinghausen. New Pictorial Evidence of Catholic Missionary Activity in Mughal India (Early XVIIth Century). Munster. p. 395, fig. 10.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- SI Usage Statement
Usage conditions apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."