From 1894 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from the maker, Alexander J. Cabus in 1894 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Provenance Remark in the object record. See also, Curatorial Remark 1, Linda Merrill, June 24, 1993, in the object record.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Alexander J. Cabus (C.L. Freer source) born after 1891
- Published References
- Thomas Lawton Linda Merrill. Freer: a legacy of art. Washington and New York, 1993. p. 15-16, fig. 13.
- Joyce K. Schiller. Frame Designs by Stanford White. vol. 64, no. 1 Detroit. pp. 26-28, fig. 13.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum