Mr. Scroones, to 1905 
From 1905 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Mr. Scroones, through William Marchant & Co., in 1905 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Whistler List, Paintings, pg. 28, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Mr. Scroones (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
- Published References
- Robert H. Getscher. Whistler and Venice. Ann Arbor. pl. 20.
- Margaret F. MacDonald. James McNeill Whistler: Drawings, Pastels, and Watercolours : A Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven, 1995. .
- Kenneth Myers. Mr. Whistler's Gallery: Pictures at an 1884 Exhibition. Washington. cat. 1, p. 28.
- David Park Curry. James McNeill Whistler at the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington and New York, 1984. p.267, pl. 261.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum