Unidentified owner, Iida, Japan, to 1894 
From 1894 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from an unidentified owner in Iida, Japan, in 1894 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Reserved Bronze List, R. 5102, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Figurine: Front half, hollow; a perforated pin at the back for attachment.
Surface: much worn; black patina.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum