- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Mrs. Kirkor Minassian
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of the Qur'an; recto: left-hand half of a double-page frontispiece now separate from its facing folio (F1932.1), Arabic in white kufic script, one column, three lines of text; verso: Sura al-Fatihah (the Opener) 1: 1-7, Arabic in black naskhi script, headings in white kufic, one column, 5 lines of text; illuminated rosette verse markers; floral motifs; vocalized in black; one of a group of 3 folios.
Border: The recto and verso are set in illuminated borders of gold and lapis.
For the left half of this folio, see F1932.1
- Published References
- Dr. Esin Atil. Art of the Arab World. Exh. cat. Washington, 1975. cat. 43, pp. 100-101.
- Fu Shen, Glenn D. Lowry, Ann Yonemura, Thomas Lawton. From Concept to Context: Approaches to Asian and Islamic Calligraphy. Exh. cat. Washington. cat. 44, pp. 104, 107, 126-127.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum