Groups with ten or more visitors are welcome to experience the National Museum of Asian Art as a group on their own schedule and at their own pace. Advanced registration is encouraged.
Bringing a self-guided group
- Familiarize yourself with the exhibitions that will be on view during your visit.
- Review the “things to know” below.
- Complete the request form for self-guided groups at least one week in advance of your visit.
- See the plan your visit page for general information about hours, public transportation, and parking.
Things to know
- All groups must provide at least one chaperone per ten students. Chaperones must remain with their assigned group at all times.
- Please provide clipboards if students will be writing to discourage the use of walls and display cases as writing supports.
- Pencil is the only writing implement permitted in the galleries.
- Photographs may be taken of the permanent collection but not of loan objects or exhibitions; please be aware of “no photography” signage in the galleries.
- Please indicate any accessibility requests in the “additional notes” section of the request form.
- A small portion of the museum’s vast collection is on view at any given time; we cannot guarantee that a specific object will be on display.
- The National Museum of Asian Art does not offer facilities for eating. For information on dining locations, go to the Smithsonian dining page.