By joining the Friends of the Freer and Sackler Galleries, you receive special "insider" access to the museums; invitations to custom-designed trips led by curators and art experts to collections throughout the United States and around the world; the best seats in the house for any Meyer Auditorium concert, film, performance, or lecture . . . and much, much more! Qualifying contributions confer membership for one calendar year and entitle two people to participate in all events.
Patron Membership Levels and Benefits
PATRONS' CIRCLE ($1,500–$2,999)
- Complimentary subscription to Friends monthly newsletter
- Prominent listing in annual report
- Complimentary copy of one exhibition catalogue (selected by the museums)
- Discount of 20% at the museum shop
- Discount of 25% on subscriptions to Orientations magazine
- Priority seating at concerts and films
- Members-only exhibition opening receptions
- Monthly insider opportunities, such as curator-led exhibition tours
- Invitation to the Annual Friends Dinner
- Invitation to participate in curator-led U.S. tours
The value of Patrons' Circle benefits is $225 and the remainder is tax-deductible.
DIRECTOR'S CIRCLE ($3,000–$4,999)
Enjoy the privileges of the Patrons' Circle benefits, plus:
- Invitation to participate in curator-led international tours
- Invitation to New Acquisition Show & Tell, featuring the museums' newly acquired objects
- Invitation to a Friends weekend in New York during Asia Week
- Complimentary invitation to the Annual Friends Dinner
- Complimentary copy of one additional exhibition catalogue (selected by the museums)
The value of Director's Circle benefits is $555 and the remainder is tax-deductible.
FOUNDERS' CIRCLE ($5,000–$9,999)
Enjoy the privileges of the Director's Circle, plus:
- Invitation to Reception with the Artists and concert
- Prominent listing of your name on donor panels displayed in both Galleries
- Complimentary subscription to annual journal Ars Orientalis
- Discounted accommodation and dining at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, D.C.
The value of Founders' Circle benefits is $625 and the remainder is tax-deductible.
SPONSORS' CIRCLE ($10,000–$19,999)
Enjoy the privileges of the Founders' Circle, plus:
- Personalized tour of the collection and cocktails for you and four guests (upon request)
The value of Sponsors' Circle benefits is $725 and the remainder is tax-deductible.
LEADERSHIP CIRCLE ($20,000 and above)
Members of the Leadership Circle provide the Galleries with crucial funding for special projects identified by the museum director. Each year, members vote to apply a portion of the Leadership Circle's annual giving to one of these projects.
Enjoy all privileges of the Sponsors' Circle, plus:
- Invitation to a dinner with the director and a curator of your choice
- Recognition in all support materials for the project your donation directly funds
- Invitation to an annual dinner with members of the Board of Trustees
The value of Leadership Circle benefits is $1,125 and the remainder is tax-deductible.
Associate Membership Levels and Benefits
- Invitation to one special event (R)
- Priority seating at select films (R)
- Complimentary art publication
- Subscription to Curatorial and Associates E-newsletters
- 25% discount on Orientations magazine subscription
- Advance invitation to annual Gala
The value of Contributor’s Circle benefits is $35 and the remainder is tax-deductible.
Enjoy the privileges of the Contributors circle, plus:
- Invitation to one exhibition opening reception (R)
- Invitation to one curator-led exhibition tour (R)
- Listing in Annual Report
The value of Supporter’s Circle benefits is $80 and the remainder is tax-deductible.
For more information, please contact Jane Kestner at 202.633.0417 or KestnerJ@si.edu.
MembershipReady to join the Friends, or need to renew your membership online?
Contact the Friends Office
Questions about your membership or becoming a member? Please contact Jane Kestner at KestnerJ@si.edu or 202.633.0417.
Upcoming Friends Events
View upcoming events and programs for Friends of the Freer and Sackler Galleries.