Discover the Peacock Room through historic photographs, letters, and records preserved in the museum archives.
- Record of Charles Lang Freer’s purchase of Whistler’s Peacock Room from Obach & Co. in London
- Photographs of the Peacock Room at 49 Prince’s Gate, London, 1892
- Photographs of the Peacock Room taken by Obach & Co., 1904
- Photographs of the Peacock Room in Charles Lang Freer’s house in Detroit, 1908
- Inventory of Peacock Room photos and negatives
- Whistler’s letters to Freer, 1893–1903
- Portraits of Whistler