Dr. Paul Singer (1904-1997), Summit, New Jersey. 
From 1997 to 1999
In the custody of Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Washington, DC 
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, gift of the Arthur M. Sackler Foundation, Paul Singer, the AMS Foundation for the Arts, Sciences, and Humanities, and the Children of Arthur M. Sackler, accessioned in 2011. 
 See object file.
 Between 1997 and 1999, The Dr. Paul Singer Collection of Chinese Art was in the custody of the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Washington DC
 See “The Dr. Paul Singer Collection of Chinese Art Gift Agreement” from March 1999, Collections Management Office. The object was formally accessioned into the museum’s permanent collection in 2011. See Acquisition Consideration Form, object file, Collections Management Office.
- Previous Owner(s)
Dr. Paul Singer 1904-1997
Dr. Carol Master born 1941
Dr. Elizabeth A. Sackler born 1948
Arthur F. Sackler born 1950
Denise Marika born 1955
Arthur M. Sackler Foundation founded 1965
AMS Foundation for the Arts, Sciences, and Humanities founded 1981
Single-prong kingfisher-feather hairpin (zan 簪) with butterfly and floral dangles (bu yao 步摇)
- Published References
- Beverley Jackson. Kingfisher Blue: Treasure of an Ancient Chinese Art. Berkeley and Toronto. .
- Scientific Research in the Field of Asian Art: Proceedings of the First Forbes Symposium at the Freer Gallery of Art. London. pp. 15-23, fig. 2.
- Ellen Chase Blythe McCarthy. The Textile Speciality Group Postprints: Papers Delivered at the Textile Subgroup Session, a Joint Session with the Objects Speciality Group Concerning Composite Objects. vol. 12 Washington, June 2002. pp. 45-55.
- Roland Hartman. Kingfisher Feather Jewelry. vol. 10, no. 3 Hong Kong, May - June 1980. pp. 75-81.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum