- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Desmond Gure 1905 - 1970
Dr. Arthur M. Sackler 1913-1987
Tubular ornament, smoothly ground with upper rim slanted back at a steep angle; irregularities at various points on rim; narrower bottom uneven and worn; translucent olive-green. (Large, wide veins of calcification; several large flaws in surface and in edge; cracks, edges nicked, and surface pitted.)
- Published References
- Jean-Pierre Dubosc. Mostra d’arte Cinese: Catalogo (Exhibition of Chinese art: Catalogue). Exh. cat. Venice, 1954. No. 185.
- Elizabeth Childs-Johnson Fang Gu. Yuqi shidai: Meiguo bowuguan cang Zhongguo zaoqi yuqi (The Jade Age: Early Chinese Jades in American Museums). Beijing, 2009. p. 33.
- Dr. Paul Singer. Chinese Art: A Thousand Masterpieces from the Arthur M. Sackler Collections. Washington, DC, 2000. p. 62.
- et al. Asian Art in the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery: The Inaugural Gift. Washington, 1987. cat. 32b, p. 76.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum