- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Folio from a Khamsa (Quintet) by Amir Khusraw Dihlavi; text: Persian in white nasta'liq script; right-hand half recto: blank, verso: right-hand half of a double-page illumination, facing folio (S1986.85.2); left-hand half recto: left-hand half of a double-page illumination, facing folio (S1986.1), verso: blank.
Border: The text is set in illuminated border mounted on paperboard.
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 202, p. 172.
- Sabiha Al Khemir. Beauty and Belief: Crossing Bridges with the Arts of Islamic Culture. Exh. cat. Utah. p. 233.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum