- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached album folio: Nawab Amir al-Umara Zabita Khan; single-page portrait; Persian in black nasta'liq script; inscribed to Mihr Chand; inscription on the margin consists of the name of the patron and the artist.
Border: The text is set in gold and black rulings in an inner frame of brown floral and leaf scroll, surrounded by a frame of dark blue, floral motifs and an outer frame of brown floral and leaf scroll mounted on a white-colored paperboard.
Inner margin, amal-i Mihr Chand pesar-i Ganga Ram.
"Work of Mihr Chand, son of Ganga Ram."
Outer margin, Nawab Amir al-umara Zabiteh Khan Bahador.
"Nawab, prince of princes, Zabiteh Khan Bahador."
- Published References
- Princes and Painters in Mughal Delhi, 1707-1857. Exh. cat. New York. cat. 21, p. 94.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 391, p. 330.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum