- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of Khamsa (Quintet) by Nizami; Persian in black nasta'liq script; recto: text from Layla va Majnun, colophon, four columns, thirteen lines; verso: sarlawh and text of Haft-paykar, heading in white, four columns, fifteen lines; one of a group of three folios.
Border: The text is set in gold, black, and blue rulings on cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry Susan Nemanzee. A Jeweler's Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 44, pp. 150-151.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 238, p. 212.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum