From at least 1932
Indjoudjian Collection, Paris, from at least 1932 
Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France, to 1942 
From 1942 to 1986
Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France 
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France 
 The object is documented as having appeared in the Indjoudjian Collection by at least December 19, 1932. See Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 410.
 See Glenn D. Lowry et al., An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 130, no. 161.
 See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
 See note 3.
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854-1942
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of a Divan (collected poems) by Hafiz; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script; recto: A bearded man and a woman in a landscape; verso: text, five couplets.
Border: The painting is set in gold, black, and blue rulings on a gold-sprinkled paper.
- Published References
- Indjoudjian Freres. Publication title unknown. cat. 59.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 161, p. 130.
- Abolala Soudavar, Milo Cleveland Beach. Art of the Persian Court: Selections from the Art and History Trust Collection. New York. cat. 82, pp. 297, 301.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- SI Usage Statement
Usage Conditions Apply
CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
Usage Conditions Apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."