Arthur Sambon (1867-1947), Paris 
From at least 1913
Léonce Rosenberg (1879-1947), Paris, from at least 1913 
Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France, to 1942 
From 1942 to 1986
Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France 
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France 
 See Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 408.
 The object is documented as having appeared in the collection of Léonce Rosenberg by at least May 26, 1913. See citation in note 1.
 See Glenn D. Lowry et al., An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), pp. 338-340, no. 411.
 See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
 See note 4.
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Arthur Sambon 1867 - 1947
Léonce Rosenberg 1879 - 1947
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Album folio: A hunt; tinted drawing with washes of color; a seal in the lower right corner.
Border: The drawing, with an illuminated panel, is set in a gold inner frame and a red outer frame with poem verses in Persian black nasta'liq script, mounted on an album page.
Seal: "oh, owner of the time."
- Published References
- Philipp Walter Schulz. Die Persisch-Islamische Miniaturmalerei: Ein Beitrag zur Kunstgeschichte Irans. 2 vols, Leipzig. pl. 134.
- Hunt for Paradise: Court Arts of Safavid Iran, 1501-1576. Exh. cat. Milan. p. 114, fig. 4.27.
- Glenn D. Lowry Susan Nemanzee. A Jeweler's Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 61, pp. 186-187.
- Assadullah Souren Melikian-Chirvani. Le Chant du Monde: L'Art de l'Iran safavide, 1501-1736. Exh. cat. Paris. cat. 40, pp. 224-225.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 411, pp. 338, 340.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum