- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached folio from a dispersed manuscript; text: Persian and Arabic in black nasta'liq script; right-hand half recto: text: colophon, one column, fourteen lines, verso: A picnic in a garden; facing folio (S1986.194.2); Left-hand half recto: A picnic in a garden, verso: blank; one of a group of two folios.
Border: The painting is set in an illuminated border with floral and geometric motifs mounted on paperboard.
Colophon: “written by Qasim Ali Shirazi, year [A.H.] 917 [A.D. 1511-12]."
For left-hand half of manuscript see S1986.194.2
- Published References
- Annals of the Caliphs' Kitchens: Ibn Sayyar al-Warrag's Tenth-Century Baghdadi Cookbook. Islamic History and Civilization, vol. 70 Leiden and Boston. pl. 32.
- John S. Major Betty Belanus. Caravan to America: Living Arts of the Silk Road., 1st edition. Chicago. p. 79.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 303-304, p. 262.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum