- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd.
This folio is a striking demonstration of Mughal artistic creativity and experimentation. The oil on paper is in a style closely related to paintings from Portugal and is one of the only two known oils from Mughal India.
- Published References
- Sotheby's (London). Oriental Manuscripts and MIniatures. London, April 24, 1996. cat. 73.
- Gauvin Bailey. The Jesuits and the Grand Mogul: Renaissance Art at the Imperial Court of India, 1580-1630. vol. 2 Washington, 1998. p. 29, fig. 21.
- Milo Cleveland Beach. The Imperial Image: Paintings for the Mughal Court., 2nd. Washington and Ahmedabad, India, 2012. cat. 20G, p. 112, fig. 39.
- Thomas Lawton Thomas W. Lentz. Beyond the Legacy: Anniversary Acquisitions for the Freer Gallery of Art and the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. vol. 1 Washington, 1998. pp. 178-179.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum