Peking University, Beijing, China. 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Peking University, Beijing, China. 
 According to the Curatorial Remark 4 in the object record, this rubbing was donated by Peking University, Beijing, China at an undetermined date.
 According to Kate Theimer’s note from June 6, 1995, “This rubbing appears to have been given by the Peking University to the Freer Gallery of Art at an undetermined date prior to 1976. It was transferred from the Library to the permanent collection in 1976.” Also see object file, and the Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List after 1920, Collections Management Office.
- Previous Owner(s)
- Published References
- Wang Ch'ang. Chin shih ts'ui pien. .
- Shoseki meihin sokan. 200 vols., , Shohan. Tokyo, 1958-1976. cat. 65.
- Ando Kosei Nishikawa Yasushi. Seian Hirin (Stone monuments in Sian, China). Tokyo. pls. 57-58.
- Dr. D. Tokiwa Dr. T. Sekino. Buddhist Monuments in China. Tokyo, 1925-1930. pls. 37-38.
- Art of China. figs. 233-234.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement