- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Elizabeth T. Riefstahl
Manuscript; Munajat Qur'an (Book of prayers); text: Arabic in black, white and gold naskh script with illuminated headings in muhaqqaq script; vocalized in black; 53 folios with 2 sarlawhs (fols. 1, 2 verso) and gold rosette verse markers; standard page: one column, 9 lines of text.
Binding: The manuscript is bound in red leather over paper pasteboards with embossed tooling and corner-pieces. The envelope flap has a border identical to that on the upper and lower covers. The doublures have a central scalloped medallion and corner-pieces.
- Published References
- Dr. Esin Atil. Exhibition of 2500 Years of Persian Art. Exh. cat. Washington, 1971. cat. 7, p.1, p. 3.
- Oleg Akimushkin Priscilla P. Soucek. The Arts of the Book in Central Asia: 14th - 16th Centuries. London and Paris. pp.10, 19, 35,39, pl. 1, pl. 5.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum