Claude Anet (1868-1931), Paris to 1931 
Hagop Kevorkian (1872-1962), acquired in Paris, March 21, 1932 
Freer Gallery of Art, puchased from Hagop Kevorkian in 1932 
 Object file, folder sheet note.
 See Hagop Kevorkian's letter to Mr. Lodge, dated March 25, 1932 Paris, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 Object file, undated folder sheet note. See also Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
- Previous Owner(s)
Claude Anet 1868 - 1931
Hagop Kevorkian 1872 - 1962
Detached folio from a bound copy of Divan (collected poems) by Hafiz (F1932.45) with selections from the work of Ibn Yamin, Omar Khayyam, and Nizami in the margins; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script; headings in white; recto: left-hand half of a double-page frontispiece with facing folio (F 1932.46), 6 lines of text; verso: two columns, 9 lines and marginal verses; one of a group of 9 detached folios (F 1932.46-54) from the bound manuscript (F 1932.45); accessioned separately.
Border: The illuminated frontispiece is set in cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- Zaky Mohammed Hasan. Al-Funun al Iraniya fil-Asr al-Islami: Persian Art in the Moslem Period., 2nd ed. Cairo. .
- Richard Ettinghausen Ernst Kuhnel. A Survey of Persian Art from Prehistoric Times to the Present. 6 vols., London and New York, 1938 - 1939. vol. 3, p. 1970, vol. 5, pl. 948.
- Dr. Massumeh Farhad Serpil Bagci. Falnama: The Book of Omens. Exh. cat. Washington, October 24, 2009 - January 24, 2010. .
- Mohammad Abd al Aziz Marzuq. Islam and Fine Arts (al-Islam wa-al-Funun al-jamilah). Cairo. p. 3, pl. 3.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- SI Usage Statement
Usage conditions apply
CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
Usage Conditions Apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."