Hagop Kevorkian (1872-1962), New York to 1930 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Hagop Kevorkian, New York in 1930 
 Object file, undated folder sheet note. See also Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
 See note 1.
- Previous Owner(s)
Hagop Kevorkian 1872 - 1962
Detached folio from the Kitab fi ma'arifat al-hiyal al-handasiya (The book of knowledge of ingenious mechanical devices, known as the "Automata") by al-Jazari; text: Arabic in black naskhi script; recto: illustration and text, Container for dispensing wine, 8 lines; verso: text, A container constructed to dispense a combination of four different wines, one column, 21 lines; one of a group of eight folios.
- Published References
- Shane McCausland. The Mongol Century: Visual Cultures of Yuan China, 1271-1368. London. .
- Anna Contadini. The Kitab Manafi 'al Hayawan in the Escorial Library. no. 3. p. 43.
- Dr. Esin Atil. Art of the Arab World. Exh. cat. Washington, 1975. cat. 48, p. 107.
- The Book of Ingenious Devices (Kitab al-hiyal). Dordrecht, Holland and Boston. p. 221, pl. 15.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum