Hagop Kevorkian (1872-1962), New York to 1929 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Hagop Kevorkian, New York in 1929 
 Object file (F1929.25a-b), undated folder sheet note. See also Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
 See note 1.
- Previous Owner(s)
Hagop Kevorkian 1872 - 1962
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of Shahnama (Book of kings) by Firdawsi; text: Persian in black naskh script, headings in gold naskh outlined in black; recto: illustration and text, Gayumarth enthroned in the mountains, 6 columns, 31 lines; verso: text, Hushang's seven hundred year reign; Tahmura's thirty year reign, 6 columns, 31 lines; one of a group of 41: the manuscript (F1930.1) and 40 detached folios (F1929.25, F1929.26, F1929.28-46, F 1930.2-17 and F1940.12-13) are accessioned separately.
Border: The recto and verso are set in red rulings on cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- Eustache de Lorey. La Peinture Musulmane: L'Ecole de Bagdad. Paris. cat. 9, pp. 20-31, pl. 19.
- Basil Gray. Persian Painting. Treasures of Asia Geneva. p. 59.
- Marianna Shreve Simpson. The Illustration of an Epic: The Earliest Shahnama Manuscripts. Outstanding Dissertations in the Fine Arts New York and London. pp.159, 176, 168; see also: pp. 60, 124, 351, fig. 46.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum