From 1918 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Abbott Handerson Thayer (1849-1921) in 1918 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Although Charles Lang Freer purchased this painting from Abbott H. Thayer in December 1918, the Executors of the Freer Estate settled the account in January 1919 (see Provenance Remark in the object record). See also, American Paintings List, pg. 25, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Abbott Handerson Thayer (C.L. Freer source) 1849-1921
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Susan Hobbs. Nature into Art: The Landscapes of Abbot Handerson Thayer. vol. 14, no. 3 New York, Summer 1982. fig. 45.
- Mary Ellen Hayward. The Influence of the Classical Oriental Tradition. vol. 14, no. 2 Chicago, Summer 1979. pp. 107-42, fig. 29.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum