Wang Jiantang, Shanghai to 1916 
From 1916 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Wang Jiantang in 1916 
The Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Reserved Miscellaneous List, R. 6608, pg. 14, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Wang Jiantang (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Ornament; thin flat pendant of irregular shape; two notches in base, upper edge fluted; two perforations; semitranslucent, mottled yellowish green and tan; almost covered with earth encrustation. (Tool marks and chip on one surface.)
Acquired with a box, now lost.
- Published References
- Hayashi Minao. Jade of the Liang-chu Culture. no. 360 Tokyo, March 1981. fig. 15.
- Julia Murray. Neolithic Chinese Jades in the Freer Gallery of Art. vol. 14, no. 11 Hong Kong, November 1983. p. 17.
- Elizabeth Childs-Johnson Fang Gu. Yuqi shidai: Meiguo bowuguan cang Zhongguo zaoqi yuqi (The Jade Age: Early Chinese Jades in American Museums). Beijing, 2009. p. 57.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum