Lai-Yuan and Company, New York to 1915 
From 1915 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Lai-Yuan and Company in 1915 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Miscellaneous List, S.I. 683, pg. 163, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Lai-Yuan and Company (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Chugoku bijutsu (Chinese Art in Western Collections). 5 vols., Tokyo, 1972-1973. pl. 51.
- Sekai bijutsu zenshu (A Complete Collection of World Art). 40 vols., Tokyo, 1960-1966. pl. 6.
- Laurence Sickman Alexander Coburn Soper. The Art and Architecture of China. The Pelican History of Art London and Baltimore. pls. 40-41.
- Sigisbert Chrétien Bosch Reitz. Catalogue of an Exhibition of Early Chinese Pottery and Sculpture. Exh. cat. New York. pl. 331.
- Sascha Priewe. Das Zhangdefu-Sargbett; Grundlegende Fragen Erneut Gestellt (Re-examination of a Sogdian Funerary Bed). vol. 17 Berlin. pp. 15-24.
- Emma C. Bunker. The Spirit Kings in Sixth Century Chinese Buddhist Sculpture. vol. 18 Honolulu. p. 33, fig. 19.
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Thomas Lawton, Harold P. Stern. The Freer Gallery of Art. 2 vols., Washington and Tokyo, 1971-1972. cat. 76, p. 172.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum