Yamanaka & Company, Kyoto, to 1911 
From 1911 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1911 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Undated folder sheet note. See Original Panel List, L. 72, pg. 24, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Yamanaka and Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
- Published References
- Mayuyama Junkichi. Japanese Art in the West. Tokyo. pl. 89.
- Mara Miller. Expressions of States of Mind in Asia: Proceedings of the INALCO-UNO Workshop held in Naples. Naples, May 27, 2000. pl. 5.
- Paths to Perfection, Buddhist Art at the Freer/Sackler. Washington, D.C. pp. 24-25, 58-59.
- Zaigai hiho (Japanese Paintings in Western Collections). 3 vols., Tokyo. p. 33.
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Thomas Lawton, Harold P. Stern. The Freer Gallery of Art. 2 vols., Washington and Tokyo, 1971-1972. cat. 9, p. 154.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum