Kit Fat, Hong Kong, to 1909 
From 1909 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Kit Fat in 1909 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Reserved Makimono List, R. 662, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. This object was kept in the Reserve Section until 1921, when it was given a general registration number. This object exhibits seals, colophons, or inscriptions that could provide additional information regarding the object’s history; see Curatorial Remarks in the object record for further details.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Kit Fat (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Marcel Huber, Emile Guimet. La Legende de Koei Tseu Mou Chen: Peinture de Li-Long-Mien (1081). Annales du Musee Guimet, Bibliotheque d'Art, nouv. ser. Paris. .
- Yoshiho Yonezawa. Ri Shin hitsu Kishimo kyo hachi zukan ni tsuite. no. 921 Tokyo, December 1968. .
- Noel Peri. Hariti, la Mere de Demons. vol. 17, no. 3 Hanoi. pp. 1-102.
- Kobayashi Tai'ichiro. Shina ni okeru Karitei: sono shinko to sono zuzo to ni tsuite. vol. 2, no. 3, September 1938. pp. 1-48.
- Glen Dudbridge. The Hsi-yu chi: A Study of Antecedents to Sixteenth-century Chinese Novel. Cambridge studies in Chinese history, literature and institutions Cambridge and London. pp. 16-18.
- Ogawa Kanichi. Bukkyo bunkashi kenkyu. Kyoto. pp. 31-51.
- Augustus Wollaston Franks. On Some Chinese Rolls with Buddhist Legends and Representations. vol. 53 London. pp. 239-244.
- Julia Murray. Representations of Hariti, the Mother of Demons, and the Theme of "Raising the Alms-Bowl" in Chinese Painting. vol. 43, no. 4 Washington and Zurich. pp. 253-268, figs. 12-16.
- Pang-yen Chao. Chi-tzu-mu k'ao. vol. 2, no. 3, 1931. pp. 261-274.
- Alfred Charles Auguste Foucher. The Beginnings of Buddhist Art and Other Essays in Indian and Central-Asian Archaeology
., rev. ed. London and Paris. pp. 271-291.
- Edouard Chavannes. Review of La Legende de Koei tseu mou chen: Peinture de Li Long-mien (1081). series 1, vol. 5 Leiden. pp. 490-499.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- SI Usage Statement
Usage Conditions Apply
CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
Usage Conditions Apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."