Tabbagh Frères, Paris, to 1908 
From 1908 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Tabbagh Frères, Paris, through the Bauer-Folsom Company, New York, in 1908 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See List of Persian Books and Paintings, S.I. 1592, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. In 1932, F1908.259-.284 were separated from F1908.199 and given their current numbers.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Tabbagh Frères (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
Folio from the Khusraw va Shirin in the Khamsa (Quintet) by Nizami; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script; recto: text: 4 columns, 11lines; verso: Khusraw sees Shirin bathing; from the manuscript F1908.199.
Binding: The folio is bound with the rest of the manuscript in brown leather over paper pasteboards with doublures of cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- Ruth Warner. Persian Delight. vol. 9, no. 1 New York, January 1958. p. 23.
- Stephen Frederic Dale. The Muslim Empires of the Ottomans, Safavids, and Mughals., 1st edition. New York and Cambridge. p. 167, fig. 6.
- Jose Pijoan. Arte Islamico. vol. 12, Summa artis, historia general del arte, 1st ed. Madrid. p. 361, fig. 502.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum