John Ross Key (1837-1920), Baltimore, MD, to 1908 
From 1908 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from John Ross Key in 1908 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Reserved Whistler List pg. 2, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
John Ross Key (C.L. Freer source) 1837 - 1920
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Margaret F. MacDonald. James McNeill Whistler: Drawings, Pastels, and Watercolours : A Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven, 1995. .
- Katharine Lochnan. The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler. Exh. cat. New Haven and London, 1984. p. 16.
- James Warren Lane Aimee Crane. Whistler. New York. p. 61.
- Consuming Views: Art & Tourism in the White Mountains 1850-1900: An exhibition at the Museum of New Hampshire History September 16, 2006-May 6, 2007. Exh. cat. Concord, N.H. p. 77.
- David Park Curry. James McNeill Whistler at the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington and New York, 1984. p. 209, pl. 146.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum