N.E. Montross (1849-1932), New York, NY, to 1908 
From 1908 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from N.E. Montross in 1908 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Purchased by Charles Lang Freer from N. E. Montross, New York, on October 15, 1908 (see F1908.172a, Curatorial Remark 4, Lee Glazer, May 28, 2009, in the object record). See also, F1908.172a, Curatorial Remark 3, Linda Merrill, June 29, 1993, in the object record. Further, see List of American Paintings Other than by Whistler, List A, pg. 3, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
N. E. Montross (C.L. Freer source) 1849 - 1932
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum