Au Musee Orientale, Stamboul, Istanbul, to 1908 
From 1908 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Au Musee Orientale in 1908 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 1810, as well as Journal Voucher No. 2, December 1908, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Au Musee Orientale (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
Corner tile. Broken in two and mended; two plaster restorations.
Clay: soft, buff.
Glaze: rich turquoise blue, crackled; areas of incipient disintegration and a silver iridescence.
Decoration: parts of Arabic inscriptions modelled in low relief.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum