Unidentified owner, Japan, to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased in Japan from an unidentified owner in spring 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 1574, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. Also, an inscription in red pigment on the convex side of the flask appears to be a record of excavation (according to Curatorial Remark 8, L.A. Cort, 1986, in the object record).
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
- Published References
- Oriental Ceramics (Toyo Toji Taikan): The World's Great Collections. 12 vols., Tokyo. pl. 133.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum