From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from an unidentified owner in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Reserved Metal List, R. 5224, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. According to Curatorial Remark 1 in the object record, there is no record of purchase for this object, other than the recorded value of the lot of thirteen pieces (F1907.677- 689) of which this object is part.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay. Silver Jewellery from India. vol. 6, no. 4 Hong Kong, July-August 1976. .
- Thomas Holbein Hendley. Indian Jewellery. 2 vols., , 1909 reprint. Delhi. pl. 38, no. 259.
- Jamila Brij Bhushan. Indian Jewellery, Ornaments and Decorative Designs., 1st ed. Bombay. pl. 12, no. 2.
- Rustam Jamila Mehta. The Handicrafts and Industrial Arts of India: A Pictorial and Descriptive Survey of Indian Craftsmanship as seen in Masterpieces., 1st ed. Bombay. pl. 11, no. 2.
- Jasleen Dhamija. Some Aspects of Folk Jewelry. vol. 17, no. 4 Bombay, September 1964. .
- Eleni Sakes. Ancient Jewelry Charms, Exquisite Freer Gallery Group. Washington, January 2, 1955. section B, p. 8.
- Kamala S. K. Dongerkery. Jewelry and Personal Adornment in India. New Delhi. p. 38ff.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- SI Usage Statement
Usage conditions apply
CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
Usage Conditions Apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."