Obach & Co., London, to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Obach & Co. in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See List of Whistler Purchases Since Making Up the Smithsonian Inventory, pg. 5, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Obach & Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Margaret F. MacDonald. James McNeill Whistler: Drawings, Pastels, and Watercolours : A Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven, 1995. .
- James Warren Lane Aimee Crane. Whistler. New York. p. 46.
- David Park Curry. James McNeill Whistler at the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington and New York, 1984. p. 174, pl. 87.
- Toshio Watanabe. Eight prints in Whistler's studio? Eighteenth-century Japanese prints in the West before 1870. CXXVIII. p. 879.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum