Obach & Co., London, to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Obach & Co. in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See List of Whistler Purchases Since Making Up the Smithsonian Inventory, pg. 5, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
Obach & Co. (C.L. Freer source)
- Published References
- Margaret F. MacDonald. James McNeill Whistler: Drawings, Pastels, and Watercolours : A Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven, 1995. .
- James Warren Lane Aimee Crane. Whistler. New York. p. 46.
- Linda Merrill. The Peacock Room: A Cultural Biography. Washington and New Haven. p. 53, fig. 1.9.
- William R. Johnston. A Bibliophile's Confection. Vol. 66/67, 2008-2009. Baltimore, 2011. p. 74, fig. 5.
- David Park Curry. James McNeill Whistler at the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington and New York, 1984. p. 173, pl. 85.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum