Dikran G. Kelekian (1868-1951), Cairo, Egypt, Paris, France, and New York to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Dikran G. Kelekian, New York, in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original List of Persian and Indian Drawings, pg. 108, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. See also, F1907.155, Curatorial Remark 10, Debra Diamond, February 3, 2011, in the object record.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Dikran Garabed Kelekian (C.L. Freer source) 1868 - 1951
- Published References
- Barbara Schmitz. Miniature Painting in Harat, 1570-1640. 2 vols. Ann Arbor. pl. 284.
- Franz Rosenthal. Humor in Early Islam. Leiden. pl. 1.
- Dr. Esin Atil. The Brush of the Masters: Drawings from Iran and India. Exh. cat. Washington, 1978. cat. 18, pp. 52-53.
- Dr. Esin Atil. Emperors, Peris, and Demons in Near Eastern Art. Washington, November 1978. p. 147.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum